Feb. 14, 2019, New York City, New York – We trust that you’ve heard of THC and probably about CBD – but what about CBG? With that in mind, cannabis conference company, Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo), uses this article to break down the benefits of CBG.
Most people are familiar with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol), but there’s a lesser-known compound, cannabigerol (CBG). To those who would likely attend a cannabis conference, it is just as interesting — especially when it comes to its health benefits.
Both THC and CBD are derived from CBG, a compound making up a small percentage of the cannabis plant. CBG does not produce feelings of euphoria, which means users obtain all its benefits without the high feelings most people think of when they think of marijuana.
Although additional research will reveal more about CBG and its potential uses, either alone or in combination with other cannabinoids, the compound already shows promise as a natural health treatment.
For example, research shows:
- CBG shows promise as a treatment for glaucoma. Not only does the compound reduce intraocular pressure, which helps to alleviate the symptoms of glaucoma, but it also acts as a vasodilator.
- CBG reduces inflammation related to inflammatory bowel disease in mice, which is promising for the future where certain digestive diseases could be treated by this compound. It also has a protective effect on neurons in mice with Huntington’s disease, which means the compound may have a future treating Huntington’s disease in humans.
- CBG blocks receptors known to spur the growth of cancer cells, which means it may help to prevent certain cancers from taking hold in the human body.
- CBG is an antibacterial agent and as such may be used to alleviate symptoms of skin conditions such as certain rashes or irritation.
- CBG has demonstrated its potential to alleviate symptoms of bladder disease in humans.
- CBG shows promise as a treatment for the muscle wasting and weight loss that late-stage cancer patients experience.
The health benefits of CBG are exciting, especially for those who want a natural health remedy without the psychotropic effects. Cannabis conference attendees and users alike would have another option beyond CBD and CBD oil where they could find relief without the high.
About the Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition:
The Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo) is a business-to-business trade show event for the legalized cannabis industry. It is held three times per year in the largest media, financial and business markets: New York, Los Angeles, and Boston. It is the leading forum for dispensary owners, growers, suppliers, investors, medical professionals, government regulators, legal counsel, and entrepreneurs looking to achieve business success and identify new areas of growth in this dynamic and fast-growing industry.Go back