Please read the show rules, regulations and other information below to make the necessary preparations for your participation at Cannabis World Congress Business Expo. Please note that not all items will apply to every exhibitor. Please carefully read each section that does apply to you.
AIR, WATER & DRAIN
Compressed air supply and water and drain facilities will be provided by and be the responsibility of Jacob K Javits Convention Center. Changes and final corrections will also be performed by them. Orders should be placed and paid for in advance using the “Plumbing Service Order Form.” In order to receive a substantial DISCOUNT, ORDER AND PAYMENT MUST BE SENT TO JACOB K JAVITS CONVENTION CENTER NO LATER THAN MAY 24TH. Any questions regarding this service should be directed to Jacob K Javits Convention Center at 877-452-8487.
AIR TRAVEL & CAR RENTAL
Travel from June 6 – 23, 2017 and you will receive a 2% to 10% discount off United’s published fares. To avoid a service fee and receive an additional 3% discount* book your own reservations online at www.united.com. Enter the code ZXR5646159 in the offer code box. *Additional 3% discount applies to published fares only. Please call your proCWCBsional travel agency or United Airlines at 800-468-7022 for reservations. Z code: ZXR5 and Agreement Code: 646159
Special arrangements have been made with Hertz Rent-A-Car. Rent any size vehicle from June 8-24, 2017. Click here for more details about the special meeting rates. To reserve your car, book online at www.hertz.com and enter code 03B70017, along with the name and date of the event.
ANIMALS & PETS
No animals or pets are permitted in the building except as an approved exhibit or activity legitimately requiring use of animals. Exhibitors that are planning to have pets as part of their exhibit display must obtain prior approval from Jacob K Javits Convention Center. Service animals are permitted as required by law.
AUDIO VISUAL & COMPUTER RENTAL
Exhibitors wishing to rent audio visual or computer equipment should click here. A/V Computer & Data Display Supplier Form. To take advantage of show discounts, orders must be placed by June 13.
The Audio Visual and Computer Contractor is:
For security reasons all persons working or visiting CWCB will require a show badge to gain entry to the exhibit area.
Exhibitor badges are no charge. Exhibitors should apply for individual badges in advance by completing “Exhibitor Registration.” This should be completed no later than June 9 Badges will not be mailed and should be picked up on-site at Exhibitor Registration located on Concourse Hall C.
All exhibitor badges are pre-printed with Exhibitor. Exhibitor badges have been specifically designed with space on them for an individual’s name, title and company name. These badges allow access in and out of the exhibit area during set-up, open show days and dismantling, as well as entry to the free seminars.
Attendee badges have been specifically designed with space on them for their name, company, city and state or province and country. They will include a two dimensional (2D) high density bar code, which will have all their vital contact information (See “Lead Retrieval Systems“).
Labor Pass (See Exhibitor Appointed Contractors)
BALLOONS AND HELIUM FILLED ITEMS
Helium & mylar balloons are prohibited at all times. Decorative balloons must be air filled.
BOOTH DESIGN, BOOTH SET UP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS AND Jacob K Javits Convention Center REQUIREMENTS & REGULATIONS
- General booth design: All booths, regardless of size, must be in keeping with the environment of Cannabis World Congress Business Expo as a whole.
- Flooring*: The entire floor space of all booths must be carpeted or covered with other approved non-flammable material. Exhibitors can rent carpet through Freeman or bring their own flooring.
- Show Colors*: All linear booths have a 8’ back drape (Navy & white) and 3’ side drape (Navy). The aisle carpet is Navy.
Booth Height Restrictions
- Linear booth spaces: The back section cannot exceed eight (8) feet and any sidewall in the front half of the booth may not be higher than four (4) feet.
- Emerging Brands Pavilion booth spaces: The back section cannot exceed eight (8) feet and any sidewall may not be higher than four (4) feet.
- Island booth spaces: Island booths (those with aisles on all sides) have a maximum exhibit height of 18 feet. See paragraph #4 below regarding exhibits, booths, signs, partitions and display properties exceeding 12 feet in height.
- All exhibits, towers, and other components over 12 feet (3.66 m) high will be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
- Signage: Signage must be limited to the interior of the booth space. Only booth spaces with 400 sq. ft. or larger may hang signs or banners from above their booth. See “Hanging Signs” for rates and instructions.
- Appearance: In order to protect the interests of ALL exhibitors and the integrity of the Show, any display deemed unprofessional in appearance, at the sole discretion of Show Management, will not be permitted.
Display Material: Displays and graphics may not interfere with attendee line of sight for neighboring booths. Such items in the front half of a linear booth may not exceed 4’ in height. All materials used in the construction exhibits and all decorative materials within the exhibit must be of non-combustible or flame retardant materials. Random Fire Marshal inspections and testing may be required. Display materials, signs, etc. may not be affixed directly on drapes.
- Vehicles (See “Vehicles on Display“)
- Building Columns: Columns may not be used by the exhibitor for any purpose whatsoever.
- Booth Set Up Procedures & Regulations
- Exhibitor set-up is Wednesday, June 14th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. There is no specific scheduled set-up time for each exhibitor. However, those exhibitors placing orders on-site should expect to wait several hours before receiving all services. There is no exhibitor set up on Thursday.
- An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if the exhibitor can, hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel baggage cart or “pop up” display in wheeled case equal or less than 10’ in length (rubber or plastic wheels only) to bring in material. If your freight requires multiple trips you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. See “Material Handling & Drayage.”
- Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and small vans are permitted direct access to the loading dock however; union personnel are responsible for the loading and unloading of all trucks or trailers of common carriers including van lines. They also have jurisdiction of the loading and unloading of individual company vehicles and/or private owned vehicles. The loading dock is accessible from 39th Street off 12th Ave..
- An Exhibitor may install and/or dismantle his own display.
- Booth carpet is NOT included with booth space and must be rented or provided by exhibitors. All exhibitors are required to provide carpet or other approved flooring in their booth space, unless you are in the supplier section, professional center, or emerging brands pavilion. If you bring your own floor covering, it must cover your entire exhibit space. Several grades of booth carpet are available for rent in a variety of colors and services. Please complete the “Carpet Order Form” and return it to Freeman by May 23. If carpet or other suitable floor covering is not in an exhibitor’s booth by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 14th, Show Management has the right to install standard carpet in exhibitor’s booth at the cost of exhibitor.
- When your crates and other containers are empty, obtain “Empty” stickers from the Freeman Service Desk located at the back of the exhibit hall. Use the labels to mark your containers, crates and boxes with your company name and booth number. Leave the containers in the aisles for pick-up and storage. Labeled empties will be returned at the end of the Expo. DO NOT STORE ANYTHING IN CONTAINERS MARKED “EMPTY.” You will not have access to these containers until the end of the Expo. For accessible freight, see “Accessible Storage Order Form” .
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the show floor at any time during exhibitor move in or exhibitor move out. NO EXCEPTIONS. Children under the age of 18 are only permitted on the show floor during show days and must be with an adult at all times. All children under the age of 18 must leave the show floor at 4:00 pm on Saturday once the show closes. They cannot stay on the show floor during breakdown and move out.
- Regulations and Requirements of Jacob K Javits Convention Center
- Exhibit structures should be made of fireproof or flame retardant or treated materials not given to flammability. Expanded foam materials should be fire-retardant.
- Structurally, any “built-up” (or double decker) booths should have the stamp of a qualified structural engineer attesting to its construction standards.
- All electrical installation should be of standard 3-wire grounded wire in conduit. Particular attention should be paid to neon electrical installation due to high voltage and breakable nature of this type of lighting. Exposed wire of any sort is never allowed.
- All booths constructed within an exhibit hall should provide for the safe exit of occupants. Two means of exit are required from exhibits, rooms, decks or platform areas where:
- The intended occupant load of the exhibit exceeds 50 persons.
- The floor area exceeds 1,600 square feet (148.66 square meters).
- The distance from any point in the floor area to an aisle exceeds 50 feet (15.24 m).
- Stairs should be:
- A minimum of 36″ (91.44 cm) wide.
- Stair risers should be between 4″ and 7″ in height (17.78 cm & 10.16 cm). Treads should have a minimum run of 11″ (27.94 cm), exclusive of nosing.
- Curved or spiral stairs should not be used unless approved by the local Fire Department.
- Handrails should be provided on at least one side of every stairway.
- Structures up to 12 feet (3.66 m) high must withstand a wind force of 5 pounds per square foot (24.41 kg/sq. m).
- All construction must meet local, state and federally mandated codes.
- Guard rails and hand and eye shields will be provided for all moving equipment and heat generating devices.
- All exhibits, towers and other components over 12 feet (3.66m) high will be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
BOOTH DISPLAYS & RENTAL EXHIBITS
Freeman has several booth displays available for rent. Please see their Rental Exhibit Order Form for more details.
BOOTH IDENTIFICATION SIGN
A FREE booth identification sign will be provided to each exhibitor in a linear booth space.
BROKER & CONSULTING EXHIBITING REGULATIONS
CAR RENTAL & AIR TRAVEL
See “Air Travel/Car Rental”
Booth carpet is NOT included with booth space and must be ordered or provided by exhibitors, with the exception of exhibitors in the supplier section, professional center, or emerging brands pavilion. If an exhibitor provides their own flooring, it must cover their ENTIRE booth space.
Several grades of booth carpet are available in a variety of colors and services. Please complete the “Carpet Order Form” and return it to Freeman by May 23. If carpet or other suitable floor covering is not in an exhibitor’s booth by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 14th, Show Management has the right to install standard carpet in exhibitor’s booth at the cost of exhibitor.
If an exhibitor requires labor to lay their own carpet or floor covering, they should contact Freeman for an estimate. NOTE: If an exhibitor requires electrical service, schedule your electrical order to be installed on Tuesday, June 13 (You do NOT need to be present for electric drop unless you also require supervised labor). If carpet is installed before the electrical services it may be deemed necessary to cut the carpet. Cutting of the carpet may take place if exhibitor is not present due to timing constraints.
Centerplate is the exclusive on-site contractor for all catering and concession services. A full range of booth catering is available from Centerplate. Refer to the Booth Catering Menu for details. Additional delivery, service charge and taxes will be incurred. A signed contract is required thirty (30) days prior to the first scheduled food and beverage service. A 50% deposit is required 30 days in advance based upon estimated charges and must accompany the signed contract. The remaining balance is due three (3) days prior to the first scheduled food and beverage service.
Centerplate has the existing blanket alcoholic beverage license. Proper authorization must be secured from Jacob K Javits Convention Center, and the state of New York if alcoholic beverages are to be featured for promotional purposes. Corkage may apply to certain promotional functions.
Hall A – 25 to 60 feet. Maximum booth height is 8 feet for all standard linear booths or 18 feet for island booths. However per Jacob K Javits Convention Center, structures in island booth spaces exceeding 12 feet high must withstand a wind force of 5 pounds per square foot (24.41 kg/sq. m) and all exhibits, towers, and other components over 12 feet (3.66 m) high need to be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
CLEANING – GENERAL & FOR BOOTHS
Daily cleaning services are provided in the exhibit hall, but only include cleaning of aisles and common areas within the show. Exhibitors requiring booth-cleaning service, which includes vacuuming and trash removal once each day should refer to the “Booth Cleaning Order Form”.
Exhibitors that will be cooking and/or distributing food and beverage samples are requested to order daily porter service which includes daily vacuuming as well as trash removal every 2 hours. Please submit the Daily Porter Service Order Form to Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
DECORATOR SERVICES & GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Freeman is the official provider of all decorating services for CWCB. A listing of their services is available under the “Freeman” tab. Their comprehensive service approach is designed to enhance exhibitor value and ensure a positive and productive show experience. Some of the services they perform are:
- Decorating products (carpet, furniture & accessories and booth cleaning)
- Material handling (freight receiving, shipping and storage)
- Graphics and signage
- Labor (fork lifts, rigging, booth installation and dismantling and labor supervision)
Exhibitors may hire Freeman or appoint their own Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) for booth installation.
DISMANTLING IS PROHIBITED PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON SATURDAY, June 17th. Immediately after the exposition ends, Freeman will begin removing aisle carpet which will take up to one hour. It may take a few hours before all empty crates are returned. Exhibitors will be permitted to remove portable exhibits and personal effects from their booths under the supervision of authorized members of their staff, as long as one person can hand carry the items in one trip.
Move out is Friday night, June 16th from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Everything must be removed by 10:00pm on Saturday.
Every item belonging to exhibitors must be removed entirely from the convention center by 10:00 pm on Friday, June 16th. Should any exhibitor, its agent or contractor, fail to remove all their property by the time stipulated, then the exhibitor will indemnify Show Management in respect of any claim. Show Management will be entitled, but not obligated, to remove such materials as they consider best at the cost of the exhibitor who will be liable for all loss and costs thereby incurred. Show Management reserves the right to specify the time at which individual booths, stands and exhibits can be removed.
Product is most vulnerable to loss during set-up and breakdown. NEVER LEAVE VALUABLES UNATTENDED! The shows general security is merely a presence to inhibit theft. It is not possible for guards to watch material in every booth.
Exhibitors dismantling prior to 5:00 pm on Friday, June 16th are subject to a $500.00 fine.
Freeman will be selling tape, display hooks, etc. at the decorator service desk. Contact Freeman for more information regarding available display products at 201-299-7575.
DRAYAGE & MATERIAL HANDLING
See “Material Handling”.
DUE DATES FOR SERVICE ORDER FORMS
For your convenience, a checklist and schedule for order placement is included in this manual. See “Due Dates” under the general information tab.
ELECTRICITY WILL BE TURNED ON WITHIN 30 MINUTES BEFORE SHOW AND TURNED OFF WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER SHOW CLOSE. FOR 24 HOUR SERVICE ADD 50% FOR EACH OUTLET. For on-line orders, select both the standard outlet AND the 24 hour service outlet.
The supply and connection of all electrical services will be carried out by the Jacob K Javits Convention Center electrical technicians. All electrical services should be ordered and paid for in advance using the “Electrical Services Order Form” no later than May 24.
- Electrical wiring, fittings and flexible cords must be approved by U.L. (Underwriters Laboratories). All equipment must be properly grounded. Extension cords must be 14 gauge/3 wire grounding type or larger.
- Only porcelain socket lamps or plastic lamp holders may be used. Brass-shelled socket lamps are prohibited.
- Exhibit spot or flood lights must be positioned so as to be “unreachable” by the public, free from and unattached by any materials or fabric.
Any questions regarding electrical service should be directed to Jacob K Javits Convention Center at 877-452-8487.
EXHIBITOR APPOINTED CONTRACTORS (EACs)
It is the exhibitors’ responsibility to see that their independent contractors or agents abide by the rules and regulations of the exhibition. We recommend that all EACs review this manual.
This electronic exhibitor manual is available for distribution to designers, booth contractors, etc. We recommend that you pass this link to everyone involved in the set-up process of the booth.
In the interest of CWCB safety and fire prevention in Jacob K Javits Convention Center, the following minimum fire safety requirements shall apply to all events, private or public:
- Balloons: Helium balloons and mylar balloons are prohibited by Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
- Boats: All boat fuel tanks must be emptied prior to entering Jacob K Javits Convention Center (except by permit from the Fire Prevention Bureau). Note: A maximum of up to (20) gallons may be permitted for large vessels (maximum allowed according to NFPA 9-4.4.4).
- Combustibles: Literature on display must be limited to reasonable quantities. Reserve supplies should be kept in closed containers and stored in a neat and compact manner.
- No gas cooking appliances are allowed in Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
- Small electric cook tops, grills, fryers and ovens will be allowed for cooking.
- No cooking appliance is to be placed on combustible furnishings or too close to any combustible materials.
- Cooking areas must have 2A10BC type fire extinguishers provided by show manager or the exhibitor.
- Butane is okay but an application must be submitted to the Fire Marshal.
- Exhibit Structures: See “Regulations and Requirements of Jacob K Javits Convention Center” under Section: BOOTH DESIGN, BOOTH SET UP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS AND Jacob K Javits Convention Center REQUIREMENTS & REGULATIONS.
- Exits: All required exits, including entrance and lobby areas of each hall, the center exit pod and the corridors, will be unlocked and kept free of exhibits, booths, tables, registration desks and all other obstructions during show hours.
- Flame Retardant Treatment: All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, acoustical materials, hay, moss, split bamboo, plastic cloth and similar decorative materials shall be flame retardant. Oilcloth, tar paper, sisal paper, nylon, orlon and other plastic materials that are not retardant are prohibited. The Fire Prevention Bureau will test any questionable material.
- Motor Vehicles: All vehicles parked in Jacob K Javits Convention Center during an event shall have
- Locking gas caps or gas caps which are taped over their fuel supplies
- Gas tanks must be reduced to less than one-fourth (¼) tank full not to exceed (5) gallons.
- The positive lead to the battery must be disconnected.
- (15.14 liters = 4 gallons) All other gasoline powered equipment shall be gas and vapor free. Note: Up to (20) gallons may be approved for large trucks or other vehicles were deemed acceptable by the Fire Marshal.
- Obstructions: Aisles and exits as designated on approved plans must be kept clean and clear of obstructions. Booth construction must be substantial and fixed in a specified area for the duration of the show. Easels, signs, products, chairs, etc., must not be placed beyond the booth area into aisles. All fire hose cabinets, fire extinguishers, pull stations and emergency exits, including those inside an exhibit space, must be visible and accessible at all times.
- Permits: Applications are not required if you are displaying a vehicle on show floor:
- Display and operate any open flame, flammable liquid device, candles, lanterns, torches, pyrotechnic displays, etc.
- Display or operate an electrical, mechanical or chemical device which may be deemed hazardous by the Fire Department.
- Use of flammable liquids, compressed gases, or dangerous chemicals.
- No flammable liquids, compressed gases or dangerous chemicals shall be stored in Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
- Compressed gas cylinders must be secured to prevent toppling. Flammable compressed gas containers are not allowed in the facility.
A First Aid attendant will be on duty 30 minutes before and after show hours. Any emergencies or accidents should be reported to a security guard, Show Management or the Freeman service desk immediately.
A full selection of tropical green plants, floral displays and fresh flowers are available to rent from Dr Delphinium. Please use the “Florist Order Form” for ordering plants and floral displays.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAMPLING
If you are planning to sample food, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, you must contact Steve Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-881-1658.
All sampling and cooking must be in accordance with the policies of Jacob K Javits Convention Center and Centerplate.
No food or beverages are permitted in the Convention Center by any exhibitor, installation company or any other entities hired by exhibiting company without prior approval and written authorization by Centerplate. THIS INCLUDES BOTTLED WATER!
- Only exhibitors with booths in the trade show exhibit hall may give away sample portions of the product they manufacture, produce or distribute and must be show related.
- Sample sizes must be limited to 2 ounces of beverage and 2 ounces of food. No food or beverage may be sampled or given away outside of the exhibit hall or inside any meeting rooms of Jacob K Javits Convention Center. If an exhibitor’s request for sampling exceeds the predetermined size portions or seems to be quantities exceeding sampling guidelines, it may be deemed appropriate by Centerplate to assess a corkage fee for the privilege of bringing their product into Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
- Food and beverage “Traffic Promoters” must be purchased through Centerplate. Small candies such as mints are permitted. Exhibitors are not allowed to hand out food and beverage as an enticement to attract delegates to their booth if their product has no relation to food and beverage.
- New York state law prohibits anyone other than the alcohol license holder to distribute or bring into the licensed establishment (Jacob K Javits Convention Center) any alcoholic beverages for the purpose of traffic promotion. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased from the alcoholic beverage license holder.
- An exhibitor may bring in logo bottled water. A corkage fee will apply and the rate set by Centerplate. Centerplate reserves the right to control the quantity of logo bottled water brought into the facility. Product must be shipped to Jacob K Javits Convention Center Warehouse prior to the start date of the event and delivery fees of $25.00+ tax per delivery to the booth will apply. For more details contact the Director of Catering at 212-216-2495.
All food and beverage storage space is reserved for Centerplate use. Arrangements may be made to rent storage space on-site, on a space availability basis. Contact the catering sales General Manager to discuss your requirements.
- No gas cooking appliances or deep fat fryers are allowed in Jacob K Javits Convention Center.
- Small electric cook tops, grills and ovens will be allowed for cooking.
- No cooking appliance is to be placed on combustible furnishings or too close to any combustible materials.
- Cooking areas must have 2A10BC type fire extinguishers
- Butane is okay but an application must be submitted to the Fire Marshal.
FURNITURE & ACCESSORIES
A selection of standard and specialty furniture is available from Freeman.
For standard furniture, see “Furniture Brochure & Order Form .” Orders must be received by May 23 to qualify for advance order discount prices. No phone orders accepted.
For specialty furniture, see Executive Collection Brochure Order Form. Orders must be received by May 23 to qualify for advance order discount prices. No phone orders accepted.
GUIDELINES FOR EXHIBITOR APPOINTED (INDEPENDENT) CONTRACTORS
Those exhibitors who employ independent contractors (EAC) for the set-up and dismantling of their exhibit booth displays need to review the convention center’s “Appointed Contractor Responsibilities Information.”
- The independent contractor will be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in the set-up and dismantling of the exhibits on the show floor, and will have the right to utilize qualified employees.
- These services will not conflict with existing labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The independent contractor will adhere to the rules and regulations mentioned elsewhere in the manual.
- The independent contractor will possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $1,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name H.A. Bruno LLC, Freeman Services, Inc. and Jacob K Javits Convention Center as co-insured and be received by Show Management no later than May 23. See “Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Notification” & “Official Contractors Information” Forms. The contractor should include the exhibitor’s name in a cover letter when forwarding the certificate copy to Show Management.
- The independent contractor will have a valid authorization from an exhibitor in advance of the Show move-in date and will not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The independent contractor will share with Freeman all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- In performing work for their clients, the independent contractors will cooperate fully with Freeman especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor.
The lighting is bright enough that you will not be required to have additional booth lighting. Exhibitors may choose to enhance their booth with track or spot lighting or which is permitted. Ordering of Electrical service is required for booth lighting.
Hall lighting will be at half power only during move-in and move-out. One hundred percent lighting will be provided only during show hours beginning 60 minutes prior to show opening on Thursday.
HANGING SIGNS & RIGGING
Exhibitors with peninsula or island booths of 400 square feet or more may suspend signs from the ceiling structure over their exhibit booth. The bottom of the sign must be 18’ feet from the floor. Signs will be hung by Freeman labor. The exhibitor or exhibitor appointed contractor must be present at time of installation and removal. No other firm will be allowed access to the ceiling of the Convention Center, nor will they be allowed to bring any high-lift or boom equipment on the show floor during the installation or dismantling of the Show.
If you require this service, please review and submit the “Hanging Signs & Banners Order Form.” The minimum charge for labor and equipment is one (1) hour per worker and lift. Equipment and labor is charged in half (1/2) hour increments. Starting time can be guarantee only when labor is requested for the start of the working day at 8:00am. If an exhibitor fails to use the workers and equipment at the time confirmed, a one (1) hour “NO-SHOW” charge per worker and lift will apply. Refer to the Order form for more details. For clarification or assistance with hanging signs, please contact Freeman at 201-299-7575.
All signs to be hung from the ceiling must be sent in a separate container on a separate bill of lading. This container should be shipped in advance to the Freeman advance warehouse and should arrive no earlier than May 16 and no later than 4:00 pm on June6. The shipping address is as follows:
Cannabis World Congress Business Expo
YOUR COMPANY NAME AND BOOTH # (Hanging Sign) (Advance Warehouse)
1 Rail Road Place
Masperth, ny 11378
Included with the sign(s) should be necessary assembly and hanging instructions. Installation and removal times will be established per the availability of the Halls B & C access to the area under the sign.
Official Hotel Agent
EXPO TRAVEL, INC (ETI), the official travel agency for CWCB Expo is pleased to offer exhibitors and attendees substantial hotel and travel savings. Special arrangements have been made with a few of the finest hotels in New York City at prices below regular rates.
EXPO TRAVEL, INC (ETI)
40 Tillman Street
Westwood, NJ 07675 USA
Tel: 201-722-9731 or 800-829-2281
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday
Options to make a hotel reservation:
- Online reservation is available 24 hours/7 days a week. See below for more details.
- Phone reservation
- Fax reservation
Please have the following information available when making a reservation:
- Name of the show you are attending (CWCB Expo)
- Names of all persons in your party, arrival/departure dates, single or double accommodations
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of hotel
- Company name, address, telephone and fax number; credit card information including expiration date
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea
135 West 30th Street btw 6th & 7th, New York, NY 10001
Single: $305 Double: $305 Distance: 5 miles
Beckoning travelers with impeccable new accommodations, the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea welcomes guests with a state-of-the-art lobby, warm and inviting guest rooms and exceptional service. Conveniently located in the heart of NYC, this Herald Square hotel is designed to provide the flexibility and comfort that meets the needs of modern travelers. Whether traveling for business or leisure the hotel’s location near Penn Station makes transportation easy, putting the entire city within reach. Offering guests complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the property, this Herald Square hotel allows New York guests to easily enjoy all of the area’s most popular attractions including Madison Square Garden, the Broadway Theaters and popular shopping destinations. Accommodations include a variety of guest rooms and suites all furnished with thick mattresses, cotton-rich linens, 42-inch LCD TVs and more. Other on-site amenities include a fitness center and on-site dining at Table 135.
- YOTEL New York
570 10th Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036
Single: $269 Distance: 5 Blocks
YOTEL New York is a short walk from the Javits Center and has created a ‘First class experience at an affordable price. Premium Cabins features: 170 sq ft / 16 sqm of smartly designed space, SmartBeds featuring Serta® mattresses exclusively designed for YOTEL (as of 2015) which transforms to a sofa at the touch of a button, a techno wall with flat screen which has the ability to stream audio, and a work desk with free super strength WiFi. Complimentary tea, coffee and muffins are included in the rate at breakfast time, and there is a a ‘Galley’ on every floor with complimentary hot drinks, purified water and ice. The East & West Restaurant & Bar on ‘FOUR’ offers a tempting variety of snacks, sushi, small (and BIG) plates, plus an array of crafted cocktails and beers on tap. Relax before and after the show on YOTEL’s 7,000 square-foot terrace which is the largest outdoor hotel space in NYC.
Please advise if you will need any special requirements at time of booking.
If you are making five (5) or more reservations or wish to book a suite, please call or fax us at the above listed numbers. Our group coordinators will be happy to assist you.
Rates shown do not reflect taxes, currently 14.75% plus $3.50 per night occupancy tax. Special rates shown are per room, per night, and are in effect until approximately May 26 (providing rooms are available.) Rates subject to change after May26, check with Expo Travel at time of booking. Credit Card information is necessary to guarantee reservations.
Through the online reservation system of Expo Travel, Inc. you can now make a reservation 24/7, see the featured hotels at the lowest rates, review each hotel description and view a location and area map, as well as receive an immediate acknowledgement of your reservation at your preferred hotel via email.
Should you need to make changes to your reservation on or before May 26 you can do so by simply retrieving your reservation information on this website. After May 27, call 201-722-9731 or 800-829-2281 or send your changes via fax at 201-722-9735. Our normal business hours are 9:00am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Phone & Fax Reservations
Call 201-722-9731 or 800-829-2281 to make reservations. Our normal business hours are 9:00am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.
*To view and print the form(s), you need a program called Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you have trouble downloading the file, or if you’d like to upgrade to Acrobat Reader 9.4, you can obtain the software for FREE from Adobe’s website. Note: Older versions of Adobe Reader may not be compatible.
If you experience difficulty booking online, please contact us at 201-722-9731 or 800-829-2281, Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm E.S.T.
United Airlines is pleased to offer discounts of 2% to 10% off published fares between June 6 – 23, 2017. Save an additional 3% off by booking your own reservations at www.united.com. Choose your flight times and access your meeting discounts by inserting ZXR5646159 in the Offer Code box. Or call your travel professional or United Meeting at 800-426-1122 for reservations. Refer to Z Code ZXR5 and Agreement Code: 646159.
Special arrangements have been made with Hertz Rent-A-Car. Rent any size vehicle from June 8 – 24, 2017. To reserve your special meeting rates, you can book online at www.hertz.com, call Hertz at 800-654-2240, or call your corporate travel department or travel agent. To receive your special show rates provide the CV# 03B70017, along with the name and date of the event. At the time of reservation, the meeting rates will be automatically compared to other Hertz rates and you’ll be quoted the best comparable rate available. For more information click here.
The easiest and most cost-effective airport shuttle service to and from the airport from your home, office or hotel.Book your reservation for airport transportation online now and automatically save $1 one way and $3 off a round trip.
Airport and Shuttle Services Information
Distance to Javits: 16.8 miles. Travel time: 27 minutes
Distance to Javits: 17.8 miles. Travel time: 28 minutes
Distance to Javits: 9.8 miles. Travel time: 21 minutes
Parking and Directions
For information on parking at the Jacob K. Javits Center, click here.
(See #5 under SHIPPING)
Internet access and networking services are available through Javits by using the Wireless Internet Instructions and Internet and Network Service Contract. ORDER and PAYMENT must be received no later than May 24 to receive the discounted rate.
Skilled labor to install and dismantle exhibits is available from Freeman. In the interest of prompt and efficient processing of labor requirements, exhibitors need to give advance notice of their estimated labor requirements on the “Labor Order and Key Information Forms” (Page 2) no later than May 23. If a representative of the exhibitor is not able to supervise labor during installation or break-down, Freeman offers expert supervisory service and can be provided using this same form.
Any exhibitor planning to use labor other than their own full-time company employees or that supplied by Freeman should refer to “Exhibitor Appointed Contractors” above.
LEAD RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS
e-vents Registration’s lead retrieval devices are available to exhibitors for gathering sales leads. With the scan of an attendee’s badge, the retrieval unit will print and save this information to a USB. Furthermore, exhibitors will be able to further qualify their leads using the 15 standard lead follow-up action codes; or use 20 of their own programmed questions. If exhibitors do not request their own custom questions, CWCB demographic questions from the registration form will be used. See the options available and order using the “Lead Retrieval Order Form.” Be sure to receive a discount by ordering before May 26.
If your exhibit requires lifting or rigging equipment for installation or dismantling, please complete the “In-Booth Forklift Order Form” and “Labor Order Form” and return by May 23. All rigging and lifting equipment must be provided by Freeman.
MATERIAL HANDLING & DRAYAGE
Freeman is the exclusive material handling contractor for CWCB. They are responsible for receiving, handling and processing of all exhibitor shipments delivered to the loading dock. Freeman will forward all shipments to the exhibitor’s booth. All Exhibitors shipping freight to CWCB must submit the “Material Handling Order Form” to Freeman by May 23. Charges for services are based on the following:
- Rates are based on round trip service and on in-bound weights billed with a minimum of 200 lbs. Round trip service includes unloading crated and packaged freight, storing at warehouse for up the 30 days, reloading onto trucks and delivery to the exhibit site, unloading freight and delivery to your booth, picking up, storing and returning empty shipping containers, and reloading freight to your assigned freight carrier for outbound shipping. PLEASE NOTE: The warehouse cannot receive uncrated shipments!
- Whether goods are shipped in advance to the warehouse or direct to the convention center
- Number of shipments received – If at all possible ship all freight at one time as each shipment is charged separately
- How freight is packed on truck. To avoid additional material handling fees, advise your carrier to “shrink wrap and skid” your freight. If your freight is mixed with other exhibitor or other party freight, special handling fees will be charged.
- When freight is delivered. Straight Time: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Overtime: All other times and Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
Freeman Services will also store empty crates and return them at the close of the show. Empty crates are not accessible during the show.
Material Handling Order (MHO) forms for outbound shipments can be obtained at the Freeman service desk onsite during the show. The MHO for outbound shipments must include the name of your freight carrier and the date of pick up (Saturday, June 17th). PLEASE NOTE: Everything must be packed and moved out before Friday, June 16th 10:00pm.
MODELS, HOSTESSES & TEMPORARY STAFF
Exhibitors who require models, booth hostesses, demonstrators or other temporary staff may contact Event Pros LLC as listed below or refer to the “Booth Talent Order Form.”
Event Pros LLC
24920 South Mooncrest Drive, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248
Tel: 480-883-3440 Fax: 480-883-3446
MUSIC IN BOOTH & SOUND EQUIPMENT
Exhibitors with 400 sq. ft. or more arranged in a square (island or peninsula) may use public address or microphone systems. Exhibitors using tv monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise. Exhibitors wishing to play music in their booth must first get approval from the licensing organizations ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. These organizations collect copyright fees on behalf of composers and publishers of music.
See for driving directions. For information on parking at the Jacob K. Javits Center, click here.
The Press Office is located in Booth TBD. Each exhibitor should prepare press kits and deliver them to the Press Office prior to the show opening. Press kits will be distributed to visiting reporters and editors, many of whom make the Press Office their first stop upon arrival to the Expo. For questions related to the Press Office, Press Conferences or Press Kits please contact Annie Scully at email@example.com or 201-310-9252 for information.
PRIVATE OWNED VEHICLES
There are numerous ways for an exhibitor to enhance their exposure before, during and after the Show. Contact Scott Giannotti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-546-9161
The public address system is for use by Show Management for official announcements only. It is not available for exhibitors or visitors.
REGISTRATION & BADGES
RENTAL EXHIBITS & BOOTH DISPLAYS
RIGGING & HANGING SIGNS
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR EXHIBITING
Exhibitors are advised to carefully read the Terms and Conditions on the back of their Agreement to Exhibit. In addition, special attention should be given to the rules outlined below with respect to behavior of exhibitors during show hours.
- Exhibitor badges are required at all times.
- No more than three (3) representatives of the exhibitor may work per 100 square feet of rented space at any one time. (Six per 200 square feet, etc.)
- All sales information, whether written or verbal, must be distributed within the confines of the exhibitors’ booth. Exhibitors will not solicit in the aisles or other common areas. If any exhibitor sees or hears someone soliciting in the aisles they should notify Show Management immediately.
- At least one show representative of the exhibitor should be on duty in the booth during all show hours.
- Public address or microphone systems may not be used in a booth smaller than 400 sq. ft. arranged in a square (Peninsula or Island). Exhibitors using TV monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise.
Show security guards will be on duty 24 hours a day from move-in to move-out. However, show security cannot and should not be counted on to provide more than a presence to inhibit theft. The Show hereby gives formal notice to exhibitors that the Show and its management, its agents and its official vendors neither offer nor accept responsibility for exhibitor’s property of any kind on the show floor. Exhibitors and workers are required to wear badges at all times. These will be checked upon entry to the Convention Center.
As an additional safeguard, exhibitors may hire the services of a guard to provide an exclusive presence in their booth using the “In-Booth Security Form” or by contacting the official CWCB security contractor:
United Security Service
- Hand Carry: An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if the exhibitor can, in one trip, hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel baggage cart or “pop up” display in wheeled case equal or less than 10’ in length (rubber or plastic wheels only) to bring in material. If your freight requires multiple trips you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. See “Material Handling & Drayage.”
- Private Owned Vehicles (POV)
Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and small vans are permitted direct access to the loading dock however; union personnel are responsible for the loading and unloading of all trucks or trailers of common carriers including van lines. They also have jurisdiction of the loading and unloading of individual company vehicles and/or private owned vehicles. Exhibitor may load their POV only in accordance with the hand carry regulations listed above. There must be at least two people in the vehicle so the vehicle can be removed from the loading dock immediately after unloading.
- Delivery to Center:
It is suggested that you advise your freight carrier to put your freight on pallets and shrink wrap it so it doesn’t get mixed with other freight on the truck. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck.
- Freight Carrier: Exhibitors are welcome to use any carrier they choose. Quad Express / www.shipquadexpress.com) is the preferred shipper for CWCB and can be contacted by calling 1-800-388-4112. Complete the “Transportation Order Form” and return to Quad Express. To avoid additional material handling fees, advise your carrier to “shrink wrap and skid” your freight if you have multiple packages. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck. Freeman Transportation is also available for ground transportation.
- International Shipping
Phoenix International Business Logistics, Inc. is the official customs broker and freight forwarder for CWCB. Please see the International Shipping Instructions Form for detailed information for international shipments.
- Shipping Labels & Forms: For your convenience, “Shipping Labels” are provided. The “Material Handling Form” should be completed and returned to Freeman with payment and copies of bills of lading, where applicable.
- Payment: Payment for all material handling charges is due prior to the close of show. Remaining balances may be applied to exhibitor’s credit card provided that the necessary details and authorization are supplied in advance. Completion of the “Payment Form” is required for all orders placed with Freeman.
- Notification: All shipments must be sent prepaid. All shipments should be made on straight bills of lading and addressed identically with exhibit material. Correct weights must be provided otherwise receiver’s estimated weights will prevail. A COPY OF BILL OF LADING MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO FREEMAN.
- Advance Shipments to the Warehouse: Freight may be shipped to the advanced warehouse on May 16 and no later than 4:00 pm on June 6. If you ship to the warehouse your freight will be delivered to your booth. Material handling fees are higher if shipped to warehouse.
ADVANCE SHIPPING WAREHOUSE ADDRESS:
Cannabis World Congress Business Expo
Exhibiting Company Name & Booth Number
c/o Freeman, Inc.
1 Rail Road Place
Maspeth, NY 11378
Material Handling rates are based per 100 lbs. or fraction thereof with 200 lbs. Minimum per shipment; includes receiving and unloading at the warehouse, delivery to center & booth, handling of empty containers, removal of freight from booth at show close and loading on designated carriers. Mixed loads and any shipments arriving on a vehicle requiring special handling to unload will be charged an additional fee as per the “Material Handling Form.”
** LOOSE OR UNCRATED SHIPMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE WAREHOUSE EXCEPT, AS A COURTESY, EXHIBITORS OWN CARPET & PADDING WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Direct Shipping to the Convention Center
- Direct shipments to Jacob K Javits Convention Center can start arriving on Wednesday, June 14th from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Every crate and item shipped must be labeled as mentioned below. Freight not addressed properly will not arrive to the exhibit hall and may not be discovered until after the Expo. If freight is not placed in “care of (c/o)” Freeman AND Jacob K Javits Convention Center; you may not receive your freight. If you have any questions, please contact Operations at 201-881-1658 or email@example.com.
DIRECT SHIPPING EXHIBIT ADDRESS:
Cannabis World Congress Business Expo
Exhibiting Company Name & Booth Number
Jacob K Javits Convention Center – Hall B&C
655 W 34TH Street
New York, NY 10001-1188
**Material Handling rates are based per 100 lbs. or fraction thereof with 200 lbs. Minimum PER SHIPMENT; includes receiving and unloading at the Center, delivery to booth, handling of empty containers, and removal of freight from booth at show close, reloading on designated carrier(s). Mixed loads and any shipments arriving on a vehicle requiring special handling to unload will be charged an additional fee as per the “Material Handling Form.”
- Outbound Shipments
- Shipments from the Show – Procedures
- You may ship materials from the Show via any carrier. However, Quad Express is the preferred shipper and will be on site to assist. Freeman Trans is also available for ground transportation. You are required to pack and label all your material.
- After your material is packed, you must pick up and file a material handling order form at the Freeman service desk for freight retrieval. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to complete the Material Handling Order Form (including the name of the shipping company picking up your freight and the date for pick up) and file with Freeman. Once the MHOF is filed, Freeman knows the freight is ready for pick up.
- A representative should remain to watch their property until it has been retrieved by Freeman staff.
NOTE: Exhibitor material not picked up by 10:00 am, Friday, June 16th will be forced to another carrier at the exhibitor’s cost.
- Not Scheduled for Pick-up
Quad Express (www.shipquadexpress.com) will be onsite to handle all freight shipments. You may call them prior to the show at 800-388-4112 or complete the “Transportation Order” form. Shipments not picked up by 10:00 am on Friday, June 16th will be forced to another carrier.
- Shipments from the Show – Procedures
Main Show Floor
Back Drape: Navy/White/Navy
Side Rail Drape:
Aisle Carpet: Navy
The Show Directory is distributed to all participants of the CWCBE (Exhibitors and Attendees) free of charge as well as those unable to attend the Expo.
Exhibitors who take space at CWCBE after the Show Directory due date has passed, should complete their Show Directory forms in as a matter of urgency as Show Management will make every attempt to include latecomers in the show directory, even if in an Addendum.
See “Show Management Forms” Tab for Directory Form. There are three sections on the online form relating to your entry in the Show Directory – “Exhibits,” “Indexes” and “Export Interest.” Show Management will make every attempt to include Show Directory Entries received after the due date in the Show Directory. Those entries not received in time for the Show Directory will be included in an Addendum to the Show Directory.
The Show Directory will contain the following information: exhibit show floor plan; exhibitor information which includes company name, address, phone and fax numbers, website address, booth number, and 50 words describing each company; a comprehensive index section; seminar information; interesting and informative editorials; and exhibitor advertising. Since the directory will be an important reference manual, both during and after the Show, we urge all exhibitors to take full advantage of the promotional opportunities that this Directory presents.
Please give all directory forms immediate priority since they require more lead-time than any other service.
If you require any additional information or have any questions regarding the directory forms, please contact Lindsay Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 201-580-2052.
Thursday, June 15
10:00am to 6:00pm (Exhibitors will have access to the show floor starting at 8:00am)
Friday, June 16
10:00am to 5:00pm (Exhibitors will have access to the show floor starting at 8:30am)
SHOW MANAGEMENT CONTACTS
Click HERE for the list of Show Management contacts
The Show Management office will be located room 1A01
All signage must be confined to the exhibitor’s booth area (see “Design & Construction of Booths“) except for ceiling suspended signs (see “Hanging Signs” above for restrictions), which are only permitted over booth spaces 400 square feet or larger.
Custom signs can be produced and delivered to your booth by using the “Signage & Graphics Order Form”
Jacob K Javits Convention Center is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
The Fire Marshal absolutely prohibits the storage of empty containers in the Exhibit Hall. All empty crates, cases, boxes must be removed from booth during exhibit days. All flammable containers must be removed from the hall. Freeman will, if required, arrange for the removal and return of such items. Freeman will supply “Empty” stickers to all exhibitors. All containers should be clearly marked with exhibitor’s name and booth number. “Empty” stickers are available at the Freeman Service Desk located in the back of exhibit hall.
Accessible Storage During Show Days: A storage area will be available for exhibitors’ literature and samples within the exhibit hall. Freeman staff will be available to access the storage items during show hours, one hour prior to show opening and one half hour after show closing each day. To learn more about this service and pricing refer to the “Accessible Storage Order Form”.
Empty Storage: When finished unpacking, empty shipping containers (cartons, fiber cases, etc.) that have “Empty” stickers affixed to them will be picked up, stored and returned at the close of the show. “Empty” stickers are available at the Freeman Service Desk and are to be used for empty storage only. It is not possible to access empty containers during the show as they will be stored off-site.
Exhibitors who require a telephone or facsimile service connections in their booth should order in advance using the “Telecommunications Services Order Form.” Orders must be received with payment no later than May 24th. Any questions should be directed to 877-452-8487
THIRD PARTY BILLING
If an exhibitor appoints a third party company to order display requirements or services on their behalf from Freeman they must return a completed copy of the “Third Party Billing Request“.
NOTE: The exhibiting company is ultimately responsible for any outstanding charges or services supplied.
Show Management requests that exhibitors DO NOT TIP labor at the Convention Center. Tipping of labor on site is not necessary and should not be done. It is considered a destructive practice leading to a lack of rapport between management and labor.
Please know in advance that union labor will be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling. To help you understand the jurisdiction that the various unions have, we ask that you read “Jacob K Javits Convention Center Show-Site Work Rules.”
What Exhibitors can do on their own:
- Exhibitors can install and/or dismantle their own display.
- An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if the exhibitor can, in one trip, hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel baggage cart or “pop up” display in wheeled case equal or less than 10’ in length (rubber or plastic wheels only) to bring in material. If your freight requires multiple trips you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. See “Material Handling & Drayage.“
VEHICLES ON DISPLAY
All vehicles entering the exhibit floor for booth display purposes will be spotted by Freeman. A spotting fee of $464.00 will be charged roundtrip for vehicles with 2 axles and 3 or more axles $892.50. (See “Vehicle Spotting Order Form“).
Exhibitors with a vehicle or other apparatus which has a fuel tank as part of their display must do the following:
- Disconnect and tape battery terminals
- Remove all but no more than one quarter tank of gas in the fuel tank
- Refueling or removal of fuel from vehicles on the premises is prohibited.
- Fuel tanks must be locked with a locking cover to prevent the escape of vapors
- Vehicles may not be moved during show hours
VIDEOTAPING & BROADCASTING
Videotaping, filming, or sound recording within CWCB for the purpose of commercial use, broadcasting, or distribution to the general media is prohibited without the prior written consent of Show Management. Permission should also be obtained from individual exhibitors prior to the filming of their exhibit. Contact Annie Scully at email@example.com or call 201-310-9252 or information.