Jan. 30, 2019. New York City, New York — Cannabis investment opportunities continue to soar. You can learn more about them at CWCBExpo’s next marijuana business conference being held in New York City this spring!
As states become more tolerant, investment opportunities in the cannabis industry rise and attending a marijuana business conference makes more sense. However, as with any investment opportunity, there’s room to gain and lose. So, consider these tips before investing:
- Learn about the cannabis industry. Marijuana business conference attendees, who are also potential investors, should look for industry trends and breaking news. Investors are encouraged to subscribe to industry newsletters and regularly read industry sites that relay news about cannabis companies, trends and happenings in the industry.
- Research cannabis businesses. Investors should become knowledgeable about a wide range of cannabis companies, including ancillary companies. Broad industry knowledge will help you identify and zero in on the most profitable investment opportunities.
- Consider all the options. If you have the capital to invest in private companies, weigh the pros and cons of investing in public versus private cannabis companies first.
- Private companies tend to be more representative of the industry and have better valuations, but they also have poorer liquidity and it could be hard to obtain information about a private company.
- Public company investment opportunities are more available and accessible and company information is easier to obtain. Public companies also have better liquidity. On the flip side, public companies are less representative of the industry. They may also lack transparency, be undercapitalized, and poorly managed.
- Know the law. Before investing, brush up on marijuana rules and regulations. Make sure your investments are legal. A marijuana business conference could be the best place to obtain such industry-specific knowledge.
- Expand your opportunities. The cannabis market is growing globally, not just domestically. Canada is a major player in the world cannabis market. So, examine investment opportunities with this fact in mind.
- Attend industry events. Attending industry events such as the CWCBExpo is one of the best ways to stay up-to-date on trends and investment opportunities. Annual conferences are a terrific way to meet industry professionals, update your knowledge, and preview what’s around the corner.
About the Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition:
The Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition is a business-to-business trade show event for the legalized cannabis industry. It is held three times per year in the largest media, financial and business markets: New York, Los Angeles, and Boston. It is the leading forum for dispensary owners, growers, suppliers, investors, medical professionals, government regulators, legal counsel, and entrepreneurs looking to achieve business success and identify new areas of growth in this dynamic and fast-growing industry.Go back